Tuesday, April 7, 2015


 This project has been a different expression of style. I wanted to show elements of NYC without having buildings or landmarks. I used graffiti and wet paint to create the set. The center of the stage has a large turntable that is painted like a palette. The 5 colors I chose represents the 5 burrows of the city. The paint is intermingled around the stage by bare footprints. They form trail and adventures for the actors to play off of. Fire escape ladders hang overhead to give height and dimension above the actors. I didn't want specific words or lettering in the graffiti, just the look of graffiti. I have painted many many sets for the school. This one is different than anything I have worked on before. The story takes place in and around the city. I hope people enjoy it, and that the students will be inspired by it.























No comments:

Post a Comment